ABout HCYP, Inc.
Howard County Youth Program, Inc. (HCYP) is a non-profit youth organization dedicated to providing a forum for the young people of Howard County, Maryland to participate in organized sports programs. Although HCYP has experienced phenomenal growth since our first games in 1952, our values and goals have remained constant:
- To provide the skills necessary to compete safely and competently in organized youth sports programs;
- To educate and demonstrate values that sports brings to our young people;
- And, to provide a social activity within the community that is safe and nurturing for both players and their families.
- BJ Borden, Director of Basketball Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anthony Fulmore, Commissioner - Travel School and Travel Leagues, email@example.com.
- Christine Borden, Director of Administration and Scheduling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeff Komin, Boys & Girls Recreation Leagues Commissioner, email@example.com.
Please send all mail for HCYP Basketball to:
P.O. Box 172
Woodstock, MD 21163
Howard County Youth Program, Inc. is the largest youth sports in Howard County serving well over 6,000 youths each year through its basketball, baseball and softball programs. Basketball alone serves nearly 3,500 youths in clinics, recreation, middle school and travel completion. In over 60 years of providing the greater Howard County region with the best youth sports programs in America, HCYP showcases its ideals through philanthropy:
- HCYP has never turned away a child due to financial limitations;
- Each spring HCYP hosts the Special Olympics; and
- HCYP continues to financially support numerous other non-profit organizations around the greater Baltimore-Washington area.
HCYP, Inc is a non-profit (501-c-3) volunteer-based community program which constantly seeks the following goals:
- To provide the skills necessary to compete safely and competently in an organized sports program;
- To teach and demonstrate the fundamentals of good sportsmanship and fair play;
- To provide a social activity for Howard County and the surrounding areas, which is safe and wholesome for both players, their families, and the larger community; and
- To maintain and improve the Kiwanis-Wallas Park for use by participants of HCYP, their families, and the community of Howard County, as a social and recreational facility.
If you would like further information about HCYP and its programs, please contact:
Chairman and President